Sunday 6 February 2011

Big Perch!

Went out a couple of weeks ago to explore a few new areas of the GUC between MK and Northampton, although I had some success last year on the inner city MK GUC its not the nicest place to fish, Pikeys Peeing off their Barges and Chavs asking you for 20p for the phone box is all part of the experience I could do without.

Went to Stoke Bruerne in search of the Perch, I originally set out to live bait for a nice stripey but after 2 hours of not catching any bait I whipped out the Lure Rod, few casts later with a pink curly tail grub, Fish On!





Only managed the 1 fish, not sure how much it weighed probs around the 2 1/2lb region.

I also visited a stretch of the ouse that I haven't been to in years a few days ago. Due to the long walk its pretty much never fished and its the first place that I ever fished on the ouse when I was about 10, I remember I caught 2 Perch and a Roach!

The river was in perfect nick and in the two short hours I was there I managed 6 pike, which came as a surprise because I didn't think this was a good Pike water. Its also a good place to fly fish for pike so will try a bit of that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment