Friday 19 March 2010

Fishing in Cambodia

Did a cheeky bit of fishing in Cambodia a few days ago. After waking up at 06:00 we got the boat started at 08:00. We started off trolling with monster lures using the biggest multipliers I've ever seen.





At around 08:30 BANG, 1st hit, I pushed a couple of people out the way and grabbed the rod, which resulted in a small Barracuda. My first ever :)



That was it as far as the trolling went apart from a few false alarms triggered by some floating plastic bags.

First reef we got to I baited my hooks up with Fish skin and squid, 5 minutes later after just getting up to get a cold beer, my rod went mental, reel screaming I rushed back to feel something big on the end of my line, 10 minutes of sweaty pumping later I caught a glimpse of a large Jack Trevally slowly coming towards me. The fish was then skillfully gaffed :( and I had my first ever Trevally on the boat weighing around 10lbs.





We stopped at a few reefs during the day with everyone aboard catching mostly snappers and a few weird Cod things. I ended with the most naturally, which included a Jack, a Barracuda and 3 snappers!



Overall a very enjoyable day, which concluded with a great meal consisting of the catch of the day, which was mainly snappers, a couple of Barracuda and my lovely Jack. Great Value for 35 bucks, if you're ever in the south of Cambodia and fancy a cheeky bit of fishing I highly recommend the fisherman's den fishing trips in sihanoukville run by a Kiwi and an Aussie who were really great guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment