Monday 22 November 2010

Red Letter Day

Haven't managed to get out fishing for a while due to work and other commitments but I'm glad I made time today. Took a trip to a nearby stretch of the Ouse with Spack for a spot of Perch fishing. We arrived at around 11am and the conditions couldn't of been better, the river was in perfect winter condition and at around 8c and slightly overcast things looked promising.

The river has an abundant population of bleak and 30 minutes with a small hook and a few maggots resulted in 20 or so decent sized baits. Using 10lb line with a 1/2 oz leger and a light trace with a size 8 single hook on the end we were ready to go.

It wasn't long before Mark had the first hit, which resulted in a nice 12lb Pike.



After a few missed bites my rod bent round and I struck into a good fish, as Mark attempted to land it his rod started to go, this resulted in a nice brace of Perch, with Marks going over 2 1/2 and mine 2lb and a few ounces.





Casting into the same area I had 3 more 2lb plus Perch in the space of an hour or so.





Spack then added another Perch of around 2lb as well as a small Pike, then when he went off to replenish our live bait stocks.I managed an extremely greedy Perch of a around half a pound.



Just before packing up I managed my first and only Pike of the session.



At around 3pm the swim quietened down and we decided to call it a day. In total we had 6 Perch over 2lb and a couple of nice Pike, not bad for a few hours fishing.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of not being able to do what you want because of a busy schedule. But those are some good fishes you caught there. Well, it's true that those are not bad for a few hours of fishing.

    ReplyDelete