Friday 26 February 2010

Getting Ready For The Far East

Right, off on a trip to Thailand, Cambodia and hopefully Vietnam on Monday for a Month. Which in turn gave me an excuse to buy a new rod! Ive never used a Multi-piece travel rod before but opted for the multi-piece option over the telescopic alternative. I needed a versatile rod that could handle smallish Saltwater game fish such like Barricuda, Jacks and Dorado (Sport fish that don't regularly exceed 30lbs) as well as freshwater fish like Snakeheads and Barramundi as well as being able to use it when I got back to England!

I opted for the Savage Gear Roadrunner 15-40g, which is a 5 piece, 7 foot rod small and light enough to fit in a backpack. I bought it online from Cheshirefishing.co.uk for £47.99 + £6 delivery, which came the very next day : ). The rod itself is very light, very well made and looks the part and also comes in a very sturdy case. I just hope it can handle whatever takes my lures. If it struggles I may need to buy a heavier rod while I'm there : )



I'm bringing a small selection of lures that can hopefully cover every situation.
I bought a few Rapala Lures online from Tacklebargains.co.uk (Rapala Skitter Pop 9cm, Saltwater Xrap 10cm, Shad Rap 10cm, Shallow shad rap, Xrap shad 6cm and also a few of my old lures such as a Hula Popper, Banana Popper, few Spinerbaits, some small spinners and a few spoons. Other Items include a Penn Captiva 4000, Front drag, fixed spool reel with 20lb Braid, Pliers and fishing shades.



All the Fishing stuff I'm taking, I'm not taking a great deal of equipment, A, Because its gotta fit in my rucksack along with clothes and other bits n bobs and B, because I want room to be able to buy some local equipment like lures and maybe a new reel or two at a local price : )



Hoping to have an awesome trip and catch a few fish Ive never caught before (all of the above mentioned!). Will post some Pics if I get a minute and can find a Cyber Cafe.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment